By Janet P. Stamatel (auth.), Marvin D. Krohn, Alan J. Lizotte, Gina Penly Hall (eds.)
This instruction manual presents a complete therapy of the sector of criminology on the flip of the twenty first century. it really is designed to study the $64000 contemporary advancements within the sociology of crime and deviance, including:
- History of the self-discipline: with an emphasis at the seventeenth, 18th, and nineteenth century, this part illustrates how ancient theories within the self-discipline impact modern day study and practice.
- Methodological matters in Crime learn: together with state of the art recommendations, written by means of those that presently use them. This part covers qualitative and quantitative, longitudinal and cross-sectional equipment. It additionally positive aspects mapping, trajectories, HLM, latent development types, NIBRS.
- Explanations of Crime: together with biological/genetic, mental, social constitution, and social method motives.
- Theory-Based perform: with a spotlight on prevention and cessation of crime, quite early-childhood improvement, situational prevention, and disistence techniques.
- Special subject matters: this part comprises chapters on crime-related concerns reminiscent of gangs, weapons, peer strain, drug use, baby abuse/domestic violence, college crime, and hate crime, and criminal-justice similar concerns together with capital punishment, restorative justice, neighborhood policing, and race and gender in legal processing.
With its interdisciplinary assurance of either ancient study and state of the art approach and concept, this quantity could be crucial for somebody doing learn in Criminology, legal Justice, or Sociology.
Read or Download Handbook on Crime and Deviance PDF
Similar other social sciences books
Libertad de agrupación. / Modos de escogencia y categorización. / Gestión y patrimonio. / Industria gráfica. / Cultura del cartel. / Del diseño y del diseñador. / Gráfica de autor. / Ser en los angeles academia.
- Quantum Electronics (The International series of monographs in natural philosophy) (v. 1)
- Recherche sociale : De la problématique à la collecte des données, 4e édition
- Models and cognition: prediction and explanation in everyday life and in science
- The Flight Of The Eagle
- Damn with Faint Praise. A Historical Commentary on Plutarch’s On The Fortune or Virtue of Alexander The Great
- La struttura del De Anima di Giamblico
Extra info for Handbook on Crime and Deviance
R. (1997). Political restraint of the market and levels of criminal homicide: A crossnational application of institutional anomie theory. Social Forces, 75(4), 1393–1416. Messner, S. , & Rosenfeld, R. R. (2007). Crime and the American dream. 4th ed. Belmont, CA: Thomson Wadsworth. Miethe, T. , Hart, T. , & Regoeczi, W. C. (2008). The conjunctive analysis of case configurations: An exploratory method for discrete multivariate analyses of crime data. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 24, 227–241.
Journal of Criminal Justice, 19(6), 499–513. Arthur, J. , & Marenin, O. (1995). Explaining crime in developing countries: The need for a case study approach. Crime, Law, and Social Change, 23, 191–214. Barak, G. ). (2000). Crime and crime control: A global view. Westport, CT: Greenwood. Barak, G. (2001). Crime and crime control in an age of globalization: A theoretical discussion. Critical Criminology, 10(1), 57–72. Barberet, R. (2006). Preface. Journal of Contemporary Criminal Justice, 22(2), 88–89.
For example, Arthur (1991) found that modernization theory only weakly explained crime rates in 11 African nations and advocated for a more comprehensive framework that considered important aspects of these particular countries, such as political instability and informal social controls. More recently, LaFree (2005) examined whether modernization theory could explain homicide trends over time for 34 nations and found modest support for the argument among the most industrialized nations. Civilization theory focuses on the aggregated personality changes of individuals in societies undergoing modernization.