By Nathan Yocom, Visit Amazon's John Turner Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, John Turner, , Visit Amazon's Keir Davis Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Keir Davis,
* transparent and considerable examples, utilizing real-world code, written by means of 3 skilled builders who write networking code for a residing.
* Describes the way to construct consumers and servers, explains how TCP, UDP, and IP paintings, and indicates tips to debug networking purposes through packet sniffing and deconstruction.
* well matched for home windows developer seeking to extend to Linux, or for the educated Linux developer seeking to include client-server programming into their software.
Read or Download Definitive Guide to Linux Network Programming PDF
Best linux books
A sensible consultant to fitting, configuring, and administering the CentOS community-based firm server.
• offering accomplished perception into CentOS server with a sequence of beginning issues that help you construct, configure, hold and install the most recent variation of 1 of the world's preferred group established company servers.
• supplying newcomers and more matured participants alike with the chance to augment their wisdom via providing fast entry to a library of recipes that addresses all features of CentOS server and positioned you in control.
• providing you with quick entry to a thriving wisdom base that illustrates simply how fast you could grasp CentOS server with a complete host of tips of the alternate thrown in for solid measure.
CentOS is a community-based company category working process and this e-book will offer a sequence of sensible ideas that may not simply make it easier to set up and keep CentOS as a server, yet to discover this recognized Linux distribution with the purpose of tackling many universal concerns through delivering a few methods of the alternate which will simplify the duty of creating a server.
CentOS 6 Linux Server Cookbook is a pragmatic consultant to deploy, configuration, management, and upkeep. it is a one-stop-shop to all issues CentOS, so regardless to whether you would like a mail server, net server, database server, area server or a dossier sharing platform, this publication presents a finished sequence of beginning issues that may offer you direct entry to the interior workings of this open resource, community-based company server.
CentOS 6 Linux Server Cookbook is a pragmatic advisor to the full set up, configuration, management, and upkeep of 1 of the world’s most well-liked community-based firm servers.
From install to configuration, this booklet of recipes will take you on a trip to discover internal workings of CentOS server. inside this ebook you'll easy methods to set up CentOS in number of settings, improve your install with the proper instruments of the alternate and get ready your server to fulfil virtually any function you may ever need.
By studying extra approximately time, networking, package deal administration, method administration and defense, this booklet will serve to teach you ways to get the superior from this freely on hand, open resource server through proposing a chain of ideas that would assist you grasp the artwork of creating your own net, database, mail, area identify, dossier sharing services.
What you are going to research from this book
• fitting and validating CentOS 6 and including a computer environment;
• Configuring CentOS to permit you to regulate time and a number of IP addresses;
• dealing with log records by utilizing logrotate, reminiscence utilization and databases;
• handling applications will enable you to deal with the approach with the Yum package deal manager;
• Administering CentOS via growing new administrative clients and developing personalized electronic mail reports;
• Securing your shell setting, ascending consumer privileges and construction firewalls to avoid outdoor attacks;
• construction networks, domain names and imposing the Apache internet server.
Presented in a step-by-step, effortless to learn educational variety, this e-book offers the reader with actual global ideas to each element of CentOS 6.
CentOS is greatly revered as the most important and versatile Linux distribution, and it may be used as an online server, dossier server, FTP server, area server, or a multirole answer. it really is designed to deal with the extra difficult wishes of commercial purposes resembling community and method management, database administration, and internet companies.
You'll contemplate constructing LAMP as 4 books in a single, yet it is really anything even more worthy: a unmarried quantity that offers the open-source applied sciences identified jointly as LAMP- Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP-as tightly dovetailed elements of state-of-the-art so much reasonable and potent platform for development dynamic web-based functions.
Procedure directors are quickly adopting Ubuntu as a result of their skill to configure, set up, and deal with community prone extra successfully than ever. This booklet publications you thru all the key configuration and management projects you’ll want to know to quick set up and deal with the Ubuntu Server distribution.
- Icinga Network Monitoring
- Beginning Ubuntu Linux: Natty Narwhal Edition
- Linux Timesaving Techniques For Dummies
- Linux Performance Tuning and Capacity Planning (Kaleidoscope)
- Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting Bible (2nd Edition)
- Novell Nterprise Linux Services Course 3015 Instructor Guide, Volume 1
Extra resources for Definitive Guide to Linux Network Programming
We noted earlier that TCP connections use what is known as a virtual circuit. Taking that abstraction further, TCP defines connections as a pair of endpoints, each endpoint consisting of an integer pair, consisting of the 32-bit integer IP address and the 16-bit integer port number. This is important, because by defining an endpoint as an integer pair, a TCP service on a given port number can be used by multiple connections at the same time. For example, even though a mail server has only one port 25 on which to receive mail, each sender making a connection offers a different integer pair because the source IP address and source port are different, allowing multiple concurrent connections on the same receiving port.
You often hear the phrase dot-com and routinely use domain names when making connections. The first level of our hierarchy contains what are known as the top-level domains (TLDs). Table 1-9 contains a list of the more popular TLDs and their purpose. Table 1-9. gov Government use The six domains in Table 1-9 are the original TLDs. museum. In addition, every country in the world is assigned its own TLD, which is a two-letter English designation related to the country name. cn. Each TLD is managed by a registrar, an organization that handles registration of domain names within a particular TLD.
Fragmentation is necessary in network protocols because the goal should be to hide the underlying hardware used to create the network. In our case, it’s Ethernet, but in practice it could be any number of different systems, past or future. It wouldn’t make sense to require changes to higher-level protocols every time someone invented a new hardware network technology, so to be universally compatible, the designers of IP incorporated the ability to split IP datagrams into fragments, assigning one fragment per network frame in the most efficient way possible.