By Sander van Vugt
System directors are quickly adopting Ubuntu as a result of their skill to configure, install, and deal with community prone extra successfully than ever. This ebook publications you thru the entire key configuration and management initiatives you’ll want to know to speedy set up and deal with the Ubuntu Server distribution. even if you’re attracted to adopting Ubuntu inside a Fortune 500 surroundings or simply are looking to use Ubuntu to control your house community, this e-book is your go-to advisor to utilizing the distribution securely for a large choice of community companies. issues comprise dossier, print, internet, and FTP administration, command-line advice and methods, computerized deploy, configuration and deployment techniques, and kernel management.
What you’ll learn
- Effectively and securely set up, replace, and set up your Ubuntu server.
- Configure your server to function so much successfully for a wide selection of reasons, together with as an internet server, FTP server, and a dossier and printer supervisor.
- Rev up your command-line wisdom by means of making the most of little-known shell-related positive aspects, advice, and methods.
Read or Download Beginning Ubuntu Server Administration: From Novice to Professional PDF
Best linux books
A functional advisor to fitting, configuring, and administering the CentOS community-based firm server.
• offering accomplished perception into CentOS server with a chain of beginning issues that aid you construct, configure, preserve and install the most recent version of 1 of the world's hottest neighborhood established company servers.
• delivering newbies and more matured participants alike with the chance to augment their wisdom via supplying rapid entry to a library of recipes that addresses all points of CentOS server and placed you in control.
• providing you with speedy entry to a thriving wisdom base that illustrates simply how fast you could grasp CentOS server with an entire host of methods of the alternate thrown in for reliable measure.
CentOS is a community-based company type working method and this e-book will supply a chain of sensible suggestions that won't in basic terms enable you to set up and preserve CentOS as a server, yet to discover this famous Linux distribution with the purpose of tackling many universal matters by way of supplying a few methods of the exchange which will simplify the duty of establishing a server.
CentOS 6 Linux Server Cookbook is a realistic consultant to install, configuration, management, and upkeep. this can be a one-stop-shop to all issues CentOS, so regardless to whether you would like a mail server, net server, database server, area server or a dossier sharing platform, this publication offers a complete sequence of beginning issues that might offer you direct entry to the internal workings of this open resource, community-based firm server.
CentOS 6 Linux Server Cookbook is a pragmatic advisor to the total deploy, configuration, management, and upkeep of 1 of the world’s most well-liked community-based firm servers.
From install to configuration, this booklet of recipes will take you on a trip to discover internal workings of CentOS server. inside of this ebook you'll the right way to set up CentOS in number of settings, increase your set up with the proper instruments of the exchange and get ready your server to fulfil nearly any position you may ever need.
By gaining knowledge of extra approximately time, networking, package deal administration, procedure administration and protection, this booklet will serve to teach you the way to get the superior from this freely to be had, open resource server through featuring a sequence of strategies that may make it easier to grasp the artwork of establishing your own internet, database, mail, area identify, dossier sharing services.
What you are going to study from this book
• fitting and validating CentOS 6 and including a computer environment;
• Configuring CentOS to permit you to control time and a number of IP addresses;
• dealing with log records through the use of logrotate, reminiscence utilization and databases;
• handling programs will allow you to deal with the approach with the Yum package deal manager;
• Administering CentOS via growing new administrative clients and developing personalized e mail reports;
• Securing your shell surroundings, ascending consumer privileges and development firewalls to avoid outdoors attacks;
• construction networks, domain names and imposing the Apache net server.
Presented in a step-by-step, effortless to learn educational kind, this publication offers the reader with genuine global strategies to each point of CentOS 6.
CentOS is greatly revered as crucial and versatile Linux distribution, and it may be used as an internet server, dossier server, FTP server, area server, or a multirole answer. it really is designed to deal with the extra hard wishes of industrial functions akin to community and approach management, database administration, and net providers.
You may contemplate developing LAMP as 4 books in a single, yet it is really whatever even more important: a unmarried quantity that provides the open-source applied sciences recognized jointly as LAMP- Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP-as tightly dovetailed elements of trendy so much cheap and potent platform for development dynamic web-based purposes.
Approach directors are speedily adopting Ubuntu because of their skill to configure, set up, and deal with community providers extra successfully than ever. This publication courses you thru all the key configuration and management projects you’ll want to know to quick set up and deal with the Ubuntu Server distribution.
- Linux Interview Questions: Open Source Linux Operating Systems Interview Questions, Anwers, and Explanations
- The GNU Make Book
- Embedded Linux Projects Using Yocto Project Cookbook
- LPI Linux Certification in a Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference
Extra info for Beginning Ubuntu Server Administration: From Novice to Professional
In this example you want to search all files owned by user susan to check if the word “root” occurs in it. So the first thing you’d need to do is find all files that are owned by user susan, and you’d do this by typing find / -user "susan". Next, you need to search these files to see if they contain the word “root”. To do this, you’d need a construction like grep root *. However, that construction is not the right way of doing it, because the grep command would search all files in the current directory.
The commands that do require you to enter a password will prompt you anyway if you don't enter one right away. Managing Bash with Key Sequences Sometimes, you’ll enter a command from the Bash command line and either nothing happens at all or else something totally unexpected happens. In such an event, it’s good to know that some key sequences are available to perform basic Bash management tasks. Here are some of the most useful key sequences. • Ctrl+C: Use this key sequence to quit a command that is not responding (or simply takes too long to complete).
This works in the exact same way as in a word processor. As usual, you have some options from Vi command mode as well: • Use x to delete a single character. This has the same effect as using the delete key while in insert mode. • Use dw to delete the rest of the word. That is, dw will delete everything from the cursor’s current position of the end of the word. • Use dd to delete a complete line. This is a very useful option that you will probably like a lot. CHAPTER 2 ■ GETTING THE MOST OUT OF THE COMMAND LINE That’s enough of Vi for now because I don’t want to bother you with any more obscure commands.