By Dwaine Snow
Thoroughly revised and up-to-date with the most recent beneficial properties of DB2 universal Server model five, this publication takes database directors and alertness builders getting ready for DB2 certification via a self-paced examine the basics of administering and constructing purposes for DB2 universal Server. The CD-ROM contains trial models of DB2 for Win95/NT/OS2, DB2 software program Developer's package, and DB2 Administrator's Toolkit. .
Read Online or Download DB2 Universal Database Certification Guide PDF
Similar linux books
A sensible consultant to fitting, configuring, and administering the CentOS community-based firm server.
• providing finished perception into CentOS server with a sequence of beginning issues that aid you construct, configure, hold and installation the newest version of 1 of the world's most well liked group established firm servers.
• delivering rookies and more matured contributors alike with the chance to augment their wisdom through providing immediate entry to a library of recipes that addresses all elements of CentOS server and positioned you in control.
• supplying you with rapid entry to a thriving wisdom base that illustrates simply how speedy you could grasp CentOS server with an entire host of tips of the exchange thrown in for reliable measure.
CentOS is a community-based company classification working process and this e-book will supply a chain of functional options that won't purely aid you set up and retain CentOS as a server, yet to discover this recognized Linux distribution with the goal of tackling many universal matters via delivering a few tips of the alternate with a view to simplify the duty of creating a server.
CentOS 6 Linux Server Cookbook is a realistic consultant to install, configuration, management, and upkeep. this can be a one-stop-shop to all issues CentOS, so regardless as to if you wish a mail server, net server, database server, area server or a dossier sharing platform, this publication offers a complete sequence of beginning issues that might provide you with direct entry to the interior workings of this open resource, community-based firm server.
CentOS 6 Linux Server Cookbook is a realistic advisor to the whole install, configuration, management, and upkeep of 1 of the world’s most well liked community-based firm servers.
From install to configuration, this publication of recipes will take you on a trip to discover internal workings of CentOS server. inside of this booklet you'll the way to set up CentOS in number of settings, improve your deploy with the proper instruments of the alternate and get ready your server to fulfil virtually any position you may ever need.
By getting to know extra approximately time, networking, package deal administration, approach administration and safeguard, this booklet will serve to teach you the way to get the superior from this freely to be had, open resource server by way of offering a sequence of recommendations that might enable you grasp the artwork of establishing your own net, database, mail, area identify, dossier sharing services.
What you'll research from this book
• fitting and validating CentOS 6 and including a laptop environment;
• Configuring CentOS to permit you to control time and a number of IP addresses;
• dealing with log documents through the use of logrotate, reminiscence utilization and databases;
• dealing with programs will aid you deal with the method with the Yum package deal manager;
• Administering CentOS via growing new administrative clients and developing personalized e-mail reports;
• Securing your shell surroundings, ascending consumer privileges and construction firewalls to avoid outdoor attacks;
• construction networks, domain names and enforcing the Apache net server.
Presented in a step-by-step, effortless to learn educational sort, this ebook offers the reader with actual international recommendations to each element of CentOS 6.
CentOS is generally revered as the most important and versatile Linux distribution, and it may be used as an online server, dossier server, FTP server, area server, or a multirole resolution. it truly is designed to address the extra difficult wishes of industrial purposes reminiscent of community and method management, database administration, and internet companies.
You'll give some thought to constructing LAMP as 4 books in a single, yet it really is really anything even more worthwhile: a unmarried quantity that provides the open-source applied sciences identified jointly as LAMP- Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP-as tightly dovetailed elements of trendy such a lot cheap and powerful platform for development dynamic web-based functions.
Procedure directors are quickly adopting Ubuntu because of their skill to configure, set up, and deal with community companies extra successfully than ever. This ebook publications you thru the entire key configuration and management initiatives you’ll want to know to fast install and deal with the Ubuntu Server distribution.
- CFEngine 3 Beginner's Guide
- Linux Toys II: 9 Cool New Projects for Home, Office, and Entertainment
- Foundations of CentOS Linux: Enterprise Linux On the Cheap
- Beginning SUSE Linux: From Novice to Professional, Second Edition (Beginning: from Novice to Professional)
- Linux Phrasebook
Additional resources for DB2 Universal Database Certification Guide
While Basic offers only software downloads, standard and premium editions offer hard copy documentation and additional technical support. For a detailed look at RHEL product features, see Appendix C. Choosing between Fedora and Enterprise If you bought this book to try out Linux for the first time, rest assured that what you have on the DVD and CDs with this book is a solid, battle-tested operating system. There is still a lot of overlap between Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux. However, many of the newest features of Fedora 8 provide a way to test out much of the software that is slated to go in later editions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
You can even get your desktop GUI ready to go by configuring your video card, user accounts, and even your network connection. With Fedora 8, you can now install directly from a running live CD, or choose from several different installonly media. CROSS-REFERENCE: Chapter 2 covers Fedora installation. • UNIX System V–style run-level scripts — To have your system services (daemon processes) start up and shut down in an organized way, Fedora and RHEL use the UNIX System V mechanism for starting and stopping services.
Documentation and training — Manuals and training courses will center on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux distribution. Red Hat Enterprise Linux products include offerings for both Server and Desktop operating systems. The base RHEL server system is designed for small server deployment, while RHEL Advanced Platform aims at large installations that can benefit from features such as storage virtualization and high-availability clustering. Standard desktop and workstation versions of RHEL Desktop are available.