By Richard A. Parent
Comparative Biology of the traditional Lung, second Edition, deals a rigorous and finished reference for all these eager about pulmonary examine. This totally up to date paintings is split into sections on anatomy and morphology, body structure, biochemistry, and immunological reaction. It maintains to supply a distinct comparative point of view at the mammalian lung. This version contains numerous new chapters and improved content material, together with getting older and improvement of the traditional lung, mechanical houses of the lung, genetic polymorphisms, the comparative influence of pressure of pulmonary immune functionality, oxygen signaling within the mammalian lung and masses extra. via addressing medical advances and demanding concerns in lung examine, this second variation is a well timed and worthy paintings on comparative facts for the translation of stories of animal types in comparison to the human lung.
- Edited and authored via specialists within the box to supply a good and well timed overview of cross-species comparisons that can assist you interpret and examine information from animal experiences to human findings
- Incorporates lung anatomy and body structure, phone particular interactions and immunological responses to supply you with a unmarried and precise multidisciplinary resource at the comparative biology of the traditional lung
- Includes new and increased content material on neonatal and elderly lungs, developmental techniques, cellphone signaling, antioxidants, airway cells, defense pharmacology and masses extra
- Section IV on actual and Immunological Defenses has been considerably up to date with nine new chapters and an elevated concentrate on the pulmonary immunological system
Read or Download Comparative Biology of the Normal Lung, Second Edition PDF
Best pulmonary & thoracic medicine books
An entire, hands-on consultant to profitable snapshot acquisition and interpretation on the bedside ''The actual power of this textbook is its medical concentration. The editors are to be complimented on maintaining a constant constitution inside each one bankruptcy, starting with easy actual ideas, useful “knobology,” scanning information, key findings, pitfalls and boundaries, and the way the foremost findings relate to bedside patho-physiology and decision-making.
This factor brilliantly pairs a rheumatologist with a pulmonologist to discover all of the 14 article topics. subject matters contain autoantibody checking out, ultility of bronchoalveolar lavage in autoimmune ailment, and pulmonary manifestations of such stipulations as scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus erythematosus, Sjogren's Syndrome, Inflammatory Myopathies, and Relapsing Polychondritis.
Comparative Biology of the traditional Lung, 2d variation, bargains a rigorous and finished reference for all these thinking about pulmonary examine. This absolutely up-to-date paintings is split into sections on anatomy and morphology, body structure, biochemistry, and immunological reaction. It keeps to supply a distinct comparative point of view at the mammalian lung.
Observe what workout trying out can show approximately cardiopulmonary, vascular, and muscular health and wellbeing. Now in its 5th Edition, Principles of workout checking out and Interpretation continues to bring well timed details at the body structure and pathophysiology of workout and their relevance to scientific drugs.
- Pediatric and neonatal mechanical ventilation
- Toxicology of the Nose and Upper Airways (Target Organ Toxicology Series)
- Pediatric Chest Imaging: Chest Imaging in Infants and Children
- Community-Acquired Pneumonia: Strategies for Management
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics of Asthma and COPD
Extra info for Comparative Biology of the Normal Lung, Second Edition
In an effort to develop data suitable for calculations of aerosol deposition, Raabe et al. (1976) made extensive measurements of casts of individuals of four species (human, dog, rat, hamster). These data are unique in including measurements from more than one species obtained with a single technique, in being comprehensive (including organization, dimensions, orientation to gravity, and branching angle), and in being published in a form that makes primary measurements easily available to other investigators.
2 Weibel Weibel (1963) published the ﬁrst comprehensive analysis of airway morphometry. He measured diameters and lengths of individual airway branches of a human lung cast and calculated the mean dimensions of airways in each “generation,” deﬁned as airways separated from the trachea by the 36 SECTION | I Structural and Cellular Diversity of the Mammalian Respiratory System same number of bifurcations. The trachea was considered generation 0, the two mainstem bronchi generation 1, and so on to the periphery.
Saunders, Philadelphia. , 1991. Unilateral hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction in three species: the dog, pony, and miniature swine. Respir. Physiol. 85 (3), 355e369. , 1978. Morphometric and morphologic evaluation of pulmonary lesions in beagle dogs chronically exposed to high ambient levels of air pollutants. Lab. Invest. 38, 455. , 1979. A correlative light microscopy, transmission and scanning electron microscopy study of the ferret lung. P. ), Scanning Electron Microscopy1197911H. , AMF O’Hare, IL, pp.