By Kun Yan
This research systematically investigates the advance technique, significant features and vulnerable hyperlinks of China's poverty relief event and conducts a comparative research of poverty relief situations. It additionally correctly provides the interior common sense and middle components of China's poverty relief thought and taking the chinese language event of poverty relief refines the "Two Threads One strength" theoretical framework to make a easy judgment of the "China version" for poverty relief. It additionally provides the explanation and plans for responding to new demanding situations to accomplish poverty relief targets, on the way to increase the welfare of the folk and advertise social growth and nationwide prosperity.
Read Online or Download Poverty Alleviation in China: A Theoretical and Empirical Study PDF
Best poverty books
An awe inspiring and idea upsetting e-book!
What Works in improvement? brings jointly major specialists to handle some of the most simple but vexing matters in improvement: what will we fairly find out about what works- and what does not - in struggling with international poverty? The participants, together with the various world's most beneficial financial improvement analysts, specialize in the continuing debate over which paths to improvement really maximize effects.
The chinese language economy's go back to commodification and privatization has drastically assorted China's institutional panorama. With the migration of greater than one hundred forty million villagers to towns and fast urbanization of rural settlements, it truly is now not attainable to presume that the country could be divided into strictly city or rural classifications.
Restricted of their governmental ivory towers, their activities principally dictated by means of public opinion polls, politicians and nation officers are all too usually oblivious to the typical lives of normal electorate. those folks, who frequently adventure loads worry of their lives, have few how one can make themselves heard and are obliged both to protest open air reputable frameworks or stay locked within the silence in their melancholy.
- El Salvador: Rural Development Study (World Bank Country Study)
- Making Sense of Prostitution
- The Quality of Growth and Poverty Reduction in China
- The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid: Eradicating Poverty Through Profits
- Give a Man a Fish: Reflections on the New Politics of Distribution
- The State and Poverty in India
Extra info for Poverty Alleviation in China: A Theoretical and Empirical Study
In other words, developing the economy to make a bigger cake is not enough for a developing country to solve poverty. Looking at the practice of the “trickle-down effect” theory, even if some developing countries grow rapidly for a period of time, their poverty issues are not alleviated. The main issue is social inequality. This inequality is manifested not only in the distribution of income, but also in social rights, as well as ability and opportunity. 3 Summary of Theory 31 rights poverty faced by the poor, countries must establish corresponding institutional arrangements to ensure their rights.
Ren also points out that a minimum level of public service and a public service “poverty line” are difficult to define, and they change as conditions change. Lü Wei and Liu Chang (2008) say that the poverty reduction system requires mechanism innovation. The correct extension of this thinking should be to develop laws in response to the nature of poverty, focus on system innovation in the supply of public goods and services to poor rural regions, realistically consider the effectiveness of rural public investment and social outlays on poverty alleviation, and develop a low-cost, high-efficiency poverty reduction path to ensure that poor people benefit directly and universally.
3. Timely adjustment of the poverty targeting mechanism to achieve a transition from targeting villages and towns to targeting families and individuals. 2 Review of the Literature 15 4. Comprehensive transformation of investment methods from mainly material capital investment to a combination of material capital and human capital and a focus on human capital and social capital investment. 5. Continuous exploration of poverty treatment models to achieve model innovation such as development-type poverty support to a combination of preventative poverty support, relief-type poverty support, and development-type poverty support.