By Anita Graser
This booklet takes you thru each degree you must create remarkable maps utilizing QGIS 2.0 - from set up in your favourite OS to facts enhancing and spatial research throughout to designing your print maps.
- Load and visualize vector and raster data
- Create and edit spatial facts and practice spatial analysis
- Construct nice maps and print them
QGIS is a consumer pleasant open resource geographic info procedure (GIS) that runs on Linux, Unix, Mac OSX, and home windows. the recognition of open resource geographic info platforms and QGIS particularly has been starting to be quickly over the past few years. an increasing number of businesses and associations are adopting QGIS or even switching to QGIS as their major GIS.
Learning QGIS is a realistic, hands-on advisor that gives you with transparent, step by step routines that can assist you to use your GIS wisdom to QGIS. Containing a few transparent, sensible routines, this ebook will introduce you to operating with QGIS, fast and painlessly. so that you can make the most of the big variety of functionalities that QGIS deals, then this can be the booklet for you.
This e-book takes you from fitting and configuring QGIS, via dealing with spatial info to making nice maps. you'll easy methods to load and visualize current spatial information and the way to create facts from scratch. you are going to practice universal geoprocessing and spatial research projects and automate them. we'll disguise the best way to in achieving nice cartographic output and print maps. you are going to study every little thing you want to recognize to deal with spatial info administration, processing, and visualization initiatives in QGIS.
What you'll examine from this book
- Installing QGIS
- Getting pleased with the QGIS consumer interface
- Loading vector and raster information from records, databases, and net services
- Creating, modifying, and visualizing spatial data
- Performing geoprocessing tasks
- Automating geoprocessing and spatial research tasks
- Creating complex cartographic output
- Designing nice print maps
A brief e-book with loads of hands-on examples that will help you examine in a realistic way.
Who this ebook is written for
This publication is superb for clients, builders, and specialists who understand the fundamental features and methods of a GIS yet need to know the right way to use QGIS to accomplish the consequences they're used to a full-fledged GIS.
Read or Download Learning QGIS 2.0 PDF
Similar linux books
A useful consultant to fitting, configuring, and administering the CentOS community-based company server.
• supplying finished perception into CentOS server with a chain of beginning issues that aid you construct, configure, hold and install the newest version of 1 of the world's most well-liked neighborhood established company servers.
• offering rookies and more matured members alike with the chance to reinforce their wisdom via providing rapid entry to a library of recipes that addresses all points of CentOS server and positioned you in control.
• supplying you with rapid entry to a thriving wisdom base that illustrates simply how fast you could grasp CentOS server with a complete host of tips of the alternate thrown in for strong measure.
CentOS is a community-based firm type working method and this e-book will supply a chain of sensible strategies that won't purely provide help to set up and retain CentOS as a server, yet to discover this recognized Linux distribution with the purpose of tackling many universal concerns by way of offering a few methods of the exchange so as to simplify the duty of establishing a server.
CentOS 6 Linux Server Cookbook is a pragmatic consultant to deploy, configuration, management, and upkeep. this can be a one-stop-shop to all issues CentOS, so regardless as to if you wish a mail server, internet server, database server, area server or a dossier sharing platform, this publication presents a entire sequence of beginning issues that may offer you direct entry to the internal workings of this open resource, community-based firm server.
CentOS 6 Linux Server Cookbook is a pragmatic consultant to the whole install, configuration, management, and upkeep of 1 of the world’s preferred community-based firm servers.
From set up to configuration, this publication of recipes will take you on a trip to discover internal workings of CentOS server. inside of this booklet you are going to find out how to set up CentOS in number of settings, increase your install with the proper instruments of the exchange and get ready your server to fulfil nearly any function you may ever need.
By learning extra approximately time, networking, package deal administration, procedure administration and defense, this e-book will serve to teach you ways to get some of the best from this freely on hand, open resource server via offering a sequence of suggestions that may show you how to grasp the artwork of creating your personal internet, database, mail, area identify, dossier sharing services.
What you are going to study from this book
• fitting and validating CentOS 6 and including a laptop environment;
• Configuring CentOS to permit you to control time and a number of IP addresses;
• handling log records by utilizing logrotate, reminiscence utilization and databases;
• coping with programs will assist you deal with the process with the Yum package deal manager;
• Administering CentOS via growing new administrative clients and growing custom-made e-mail reports;
• Securing your shell atmosphere, ascending person privileges and development firewalls to avoid outdoors attacks;
• construction networks, domain names and imposing the Apache internet server.
Presented in a step-by-step, effortless to learn educational kind, this booklet provides the reader with actual international ideas to each element of CentOS 6.
CentOS is commonly revered as the most important and versatile Linux distribution, and it may be used as an online server, dossier server, FTP server, area server, or a multirole answer. it truly is designed to deal with the extra hard wishes of commercial functions comparable to community and procedure management, database administration, and net providers.
You'll consider developing LAMP as 4 books in a single, yet it is truly anything even more invaluable: a unmarried quantity that provides the open-source applied sciences recognized jointly as LAMP- Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP-as tightly dovetailed parts of trendy so much reasonable and powerful platform for development dynamic web-based purposes.
Method directors are swiftly adopting Ubuntu because of their skill to configure, install, and deal with community providers extra successfully than ever. This booklet publications you thru all the key configuration and management initiatives you’ll want to know to speedy install and deal with the Ubuntu Server distribution.
- Linux Networking Clearly Explained
- Linux Essentials
- Pro Ubuntu Server Administration
- MYSQL in a Nutshell
Extra info for Learning QGIS 2.0
Then, we will reproject vector and raster data, and before we end this chapter, learn how to convert between different file formats with joining data from text files and spreadsheets to our spatial data. Creating new vector layers In this exercise, we'll create a new layer from scratch. QGIS offers a wide range of functionalities to create different layers. The Layer | New menu lists functions to create new Shapefile and SpatiaLite layers, but we can also create new database tables using the DB Manager plugin.
Shp from the sample data. For example, we might want to find all the railroad features that cross a pipeline; we therefore select the railroads layer, the Crosses operation, and the pipelines layer. After clicking on Apply, the plugin presents us the query results. There is a list of IDs of the result features on the right-hand side of the window as you can see in the following screenshot. Below this list, we can check the Zoom to item checkbox, and QGIS will zoom to the feature that belongs to the selected ID.
To select it for installation, click on the text that reads Skip and it will change and display the version number. The installer will automatically select all the necessary dependencies (such as GDAL, SAGA, OTB, and GRASS), so we don't have to worry about that. After clicking on Next, the download and installation starts automatically just like in the Express version. dll, you are facing a common issue on Windows systems: a DLL conflict. They are easy to fix; just copy the DLL file mentioned in the error message from C:\OSGeo4W\bin\ to C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\bin\ (adjust paths if necessary).