By Mike McCune
During this entire consultant, a number one Windows/Linux integration advisor indicates skilled approach directors precisely the right way to remedy the foremost difficulties they face in making Linux and home windows interact seamlessly and cost-effectively. begin by way of configuring and deploying Samba, reworking a reasonably cheap Linux field right into a high-performance file-and-print server for home windows workstations. how you can attach Linux and home windows utilizing NFS, FTP, distant instructions, safe shell, telnet, and different different innovations. subsequent, stroll via your thoughts for coping with home windows and Linux at the comparable computer: functional partitioning innovations, administering a number of filesystems; operating with boot managers; facing compressed drives, CD-ROMs, and extra. eventually, evaluate modern-day prime techniques for offering facts and application compatibility among Linux and UNIX, from emulation and home windows terminals to browser-based functions, StarOffice/Microsoft place of work information alternate; database entry through ODBC; and extra. For all intermediate-to-advanced clients and process directors known as upon to combine Linux and home windows.
Read Online or Download Integrating Linux and Windows PDF
Similar linux books
A sensible consultant to fitting, configuring, and administering the CentOS community-based firm server.
• supplying finished perception into CentOS server with a chain of beginning issues that enable you construct, configure, keep and set up the newest variation of 1 of the world's most well-liked neighborhood established company servers.
• supplying rookies and more matured members alike with the chance to augment their wisdom by means of supplying immediate entry to a library of recipes that addresses all features of CentOS server and positioned you in control.
• supplying you with quick entry to a thriving wisdom base that illustrates simply how speedy you could grasp CentOS server with an entire host of tips of the exchange thrown in for strong measure.
CentOS is a community-based company category working method and this booklet will supply a sequence of useful options that won't basically provide help to set up and retain CentOS as a server, yet to discover this famous Linux distribution with the purpose of tackling many universal concerns through delivering a few methods of the alternate in an effort to simplify the duty of establishing a server.
CentOS 6 Linux Server Cookbook is a realistic consultant to install, configuration, management, and upkeep. it is a one-stop-shop to all issues CentOS, so regardless as to if you would like a mail server, net server, database server, area server or a dossier sharing platform, this publication offers a entire sequence of beginning issues that may provide you with direct entry to the internal workings of this open resource, community-based company server.
CentOS 6 Linux Server Cookbook is a pragmatic advisor to the total set up, configuration, management, and upkeep of 1 of the world’s hottest community-based firm servers.
From set up to configuration, this booklet of recipes will take you on a trip to discover internal workings of CentOS server. inside this booklet you are going to find out how to set up CentOS in number of settings, improve your set up with the right kind instruments of the alternate and get ready your server to fulfil nearly any function you may ever need.
By getting to know extra approximately time, networking, package deal administration, method administration and protection, this e-book will serve to teach you ways to get the superior from this freely on hand, open resource server via offering a chain of ideas that may assist you grasp the artwork of creating your personal net, database, mail, area identify, dossier sharing services.
What you'll research from this book
• fitting and validating CentOS 6 and including a computer environment;
• Configuring CentOS to permit you to regulate time and a number of IP addresses;
• coping with log documents through the use of logrotate, reminiscence utilization and databases;
• handling applications will assist you to deal with the procedure with the Yum package deal manager;
• Administering CentOS via developing new administrative clients and developing custom-made e-mail reports;
• Securing your shell setting, ascending consumer privileges and development firewalls to avoid outdoor attacks;
• construction networks, domain names and imposing the Apache net server.
Presented in a step-by-step, effortless to learn instructional kind, this booklet offers the reader with genuine global suggestions to each element of CentOS 6.
CentOS is generally revered as an important and versatile Linux distribution, and it may be used as an online server, dossier server, FTP server, area server, or a multirole answer. it really is designed to address the extra hard wishes of industrial purposes comparable to community and procedure management, database administration, and net prone.
You'll ponder developing LAMP as 4 books in a single, yet it truly is really anything even more useful: a unmarried quantity that provides the open-source applied sciences recognized jointly as LAMP- Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP-as tightly dovetailed parts of ultra-modern so much cheap and potent platform for construction dynamic web-based functions.
Method directors are speedily adopting Ubuntu as a result of their skill to configure, install, and deal with community companies extra successfully than ever. This booklet courses you thru all the key configuration and management projects you’ll want to know to fast install and deal with the Ubuntu Server distribution.
- Utilizing Open Source Tools for Online Teaching and Learning: Applying Linux Technologies
- LPIC-1 Linux Professional Institute Certification Study Guide: Exam 101-400 and Exam 102-400
- Linux+ Guide to Linux Certification
- Red Hat Linux Fedora 3 Unleashed
Extra info for Integrating Linux and Windows
They run in DOS and all versions of Windows (3x, 9x, and NT). They should also work with Windows 2000, although they haven't been extensively tested with it. There is some unusual behavior when writing to the ext2 filesystem with ltools. " This will cause no problems except that fsck (the disk checking tool for Linux) will run the next time the system is booted. Also, while running ltools in a Windows 9x DOS box, the hard drive will lock during use. This will require a floppy disk in your system even if the floppy is not used.
VMware defaults to a 75 MHz scan rate and some systems won't support it. 3. 3. Getting to the Global Preferences Screen. 41 Integrating Linux and Windows You can toggle back from full-screen to windowed mode by pressing
Until the Web took off, email took up most of the Internet's bandwidth. There are several Internet email standards. A brief overview of them would include: • • • Mail Transport Protocol: o SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol)-Allows transfer of mail between mail servers. Remote Mail Retrival Protocols: o POP3 (Post Office Protocol version 3)-Downloads full messages to the client. o IMAP4 (Internet Message Access Protocol version 4)-Allows the actual messages to be stored on a server and only the headers are downloaded.