This quantity presents a concise, but complete, state-of-the artwork assessment of GI endoscopic emergencies. even supposing the emphasis is on endoscopic administration, peri-procedural issues, adjunctive scientific remedy, and medical methods to more often than not encountered GI emergencies are mentioned intimately. This units the degree for the in-depth overview of present in addition to cutting edge units and strategies for endotherapy in GI emergencies. Technical elements of endoscopic techniques are emphasised and supplemented via on-line movies to reinforce the academic experience.
Written by means of specialists within the box, GI Endoscopic Emergencies serves as a beneficial source for practitioners who take care of GI emergencies.
Read or Download GI Endoscopic Emergencies PDF
Similar medicine books
Mess ups are tricky to regulate for lots of purposes: the immediacy of the development, importance of the development, loss of evidence-based practices, and the constrained usefulness of many built protocols. for that reason, combining educational methods with practical and functional innovations remains to be an underdeveloped element of catastrophe texts.
Taurine (2-aminoethanesulfonic acid) is an enigmatic compound abounding in animal tissues. it really is current at quite excessive concentrations in all electrically excitable tissues similar to mind, sensory organs, middle, and muscle, and in convinced endocrine glands. a few of its physiological features are already validated, for instance as a necessary nutrient in the course of improvement and as a neuromodulator or osmolyte, however the mobile mechanisms are nonetheless usually an issue of conjecture.
- QCM en urgences chirurgicales
- Anaesthesia, Pharmacology, Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine A.P.I.C.E.: Proceedings of the 23rd Postgraduate Course in Critical Care Medicine Catania, Italy — November 5 – 7, 2010
- Aesthetic Surgery of the Abdominal Wall
- Kaplan USMLE Step 2: Rheumatology
- New Research on Antioxidants (Nova Biomedical)
Extra resources for GI Endoscopic Emergencies
15. Lanas A, Wu P, Medin J, Mills EJ. Low doses of acetylsalicylic acid increase risk of gastrointestinal bleeding in a meta-analysis. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011;9:762–8. e6. 16. Schulman S, Beyth RJ, Kearon C, et al. Hemorrhagic complications of anticoagulant and thrombolytic treatment: American college of chest physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines (8th edition). Chest. 2008;133(6 Suppl):257S–98. 17. Holbrook A, Schulman S, Witt DM, et al. Evidencebased management of anticoagulant therapy: antithrombotic therapy and prevention of thrombosis, 9th ed: American college of chest physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.
Food and Drug Administration. 2010. S. Food and Drug Administration. 2013. Available from: http://www. pdf Graetz TJ, Tellor BR, Smith JR, Avidan MS. Desirudin: a review of the pharmacology and clinical application for the prevention of deep vein thrombosis. Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther. 2011;9: 1101–9. S. Food and Drug Administration. 2003. Available from: http://www. S. Food and Drug Administration. 2011. Available from: http://www. S. Food and Drug Administration. 2013. Available from: http://www.
Wong Kee Song et al. 1007/978-1-4939-3085-2_3 33 34 the ﬁrst priority is to assess the adequacy of the airway, as well as the patient’s breathing and circulation. Intubation is clearly indicated if the airway is compromised, while prophylactic intubation may be considered in severe UGIB although current data supporting such practice are limited [7, 8]. Venous access should be achieved with at least two large-bore cannulas, and patients with active bleeding should be monitored in an intensive care unit (ICU) with pulse oximetry and cardiac monitoring.