By Adam Schneeweiss M.D., Gotthard Schettler M.D. (auth.)
Cardiovascular drug treatment has markedly stepped forward within the contemporary many years. not just have new medicines been brought to medical perform, yet new sessions of substances were constructed. whereas in 1960 the working towards cardiolo gist had a variety of approximately basically ten medicines, in 1987 approximately one hundred fifty medicinal drugs are mostly utilized in cardiovascular illnesses. aged sufferers, even if, often don't benefit from the complete advantage of this growth. this is able to be as a result of lack of awareness, a conservative method, or the global tendency to not test new medicinal drugs within the aged. it truly is now transparent that almost all of sufferers that might be handled in vehicle diovascular clinics can be, within the close to destiny, aged sufferers. Even now, aged sufferers shape approximately one-third of the sufferers with cardiovascular illnesses. those sufferers are approached, notwithstanding, in accordance with standards devel oped for more youthful populations. this is often although aged sufferers range from more youthful ones in such a lot elements, together with pathology, epidemiol ogy, pathophysiology, diagnostic method, administration, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, rehabilitation, and supportive remedy. it's the goal of this e-book to offer to the clinician all medicinal drugs with which there's medical adventure within the aged or that may be almost certainly beneficial for the aged with cardiovascular ailments. the information are provided with no the authors taking a place. this could let the clinicians to make their very own choice and individualize therapy, vii viii Preface in line with a large information base. Comparative information are provided basically whilst particular comparative reports have been performed.
Read or Download Cardiovascular Drug Therapy in the Elderly PDF
Best cardiovascular books
This identify offers an cutting edge new method of healing decision-making and gives solutions to more than a few questions that the busy clinician faces every day. a sequence of discussions, chosen through specialist participants, all the world over known gurus of their fields, supply their very own ideas for coping with tough difficulties and supply insights into the worth or another way of varied remedy offerings in line with their very own adventure and the on hand proof.
An authoritative, updated source at the usually intimidating technical enigma of CMR, Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance: verified and rising functions consolidates a large and turning out to be physique of data right into a unmarried balanced resource. This hugely illustrated textual content offers present and functional details on demonstrated foundational purposes of CMR.
Intracranial high blood pressure (ICH) is the commonest reason for medical deterioration and dying for neurological and neurosurgical sufferers. there are numerous factors of raised intracranial strain (ICP) and elevated ICP can produce intracranial high blood pressure syndromes. tracking of intracranial strain and advances in investigations of the imperative fearful method have resulted in new ideas and systemisations in intracranial high blood pressure.
Demonstrating that the significance and trend of cardiovascular reaction to emphasize varies markedly among participants, this paintings discusses the mechanisms through which the cardiovascular approach is mobilized in the course of tension, the determinants of person transformations, and the pathophysiological methods through which responses to emphasize could lead to heart problems.
- Moss & Adams’ Heart Disease in Infants, Children, and Adolescents: Including the Fetus and Young Adult
- Drugs in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (Cardiology Research and Clinical Developments)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Asymptomatic Carotid Artery Stenosis: A Primer on Risk Stratification and Management
- Traité de médecine vasculaire.
- Lasers in Cardiovascular Medicine and Surgery: Fundamentals and Techniques
Additional resources for Cardiovascular Drug Therapy in the Elderly
57. Hager WD, et al: Digoxin bioavailability during quinidine administration. Clin Pharmacol Ther 30:594, 1981. 58. Ewy GA, et al: Digoxin metabolism in the elderly. Circulation 34:499, 1969. 59. Falch D: Determination of digoxin in plasma by radioimmunoassay. ] Oslo City Hosp 23:35, 1973. 60. Tsujimoto G, et al: Re-examination of digoxin dosage regimen: comparison of the proposed nomograms or formulae in elderly patients. Br] Clin Pharmacol 13:493, 1982. 61. Woods MN, Ingelfinger JA: Lack of effect of bran on digoxin absorption.
33. Rosen MR, et al: Correlation between effects of ouabain on the canine electrocardiogram and transmembrance potentials of isolated Purkinje fibers. Circ Res 47:655, 1973. 34. Gomes JAC, et al: Effects of digitalis on the human sick sinus node after pharmacologic autonomic blockade. Am J Cardiol 48:783, 1981. 2. Digitalis glycosides 27 35. Engel TR, Schal SF: Digitalis in the sick sinus syndrome: the effects on sinoatrial automaticity and atrioventricular conduction. Circulation 48: 120, 1973.
Am Heart J 83:149, 1972. 81. Guignard C, et al: Effect of digoxin on the sensitivity of flickering light. Br J Clin Pharmacol 15:189, 1983. 82. Aronson JK: Cardiac glycosides and drugs used in dysrhythmias. In: Dukes MN (ed) Side effects of drugs. Excerpta Medica, Amsterdam, 1981. 83. Smith TW, et al: Treatment of life-threatening digitalis intoxication with digoxin-specific Fab antibody fragments: experience in 26 cases. N Engl J Med 307:1357, 1982. 84. Smith TW, et al: Reversal of advanced digoxin intoxication with FAB fragments of digoxinspecific antibodies.